Have you ever faced with the challenge of wanting to print a document directly from your Android? If Yes! You are at the right article. Printing from Android have been made easy but a bit confusing. Below are the ways you can get started.
How To Print Documents From Android Phones (2019)
USING GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT
You can use Google Cloud Print feature, which is built in almost Android device, Firstly download the Google Cloud Print App before you can proceed.
After downloaded now Proceed with following steps;
- Make sure your printer is connected to PC or Mac over the same network.
- Now Go to Google Chrome Browser and hit the hamburger button on the top right and enter “Settings“
- Inside the setting navigate and click “Show advanced settings“. Then, look for a sub-heading called “Printing” and tap on the Google Cloud Print option.
- Tap the “Manage Cloud Print Devices” option to open an expanded menu.
- You will see list of printers connected to the same WiFi network and those available to be registered.
- Select the printer you want to connected to and click on “Add New Printer(s)“
- Once done, the printer will be automatically added to your Google account and you will see it on “Google Cloud Print” app on your Android device.
STEPS TO PRINT USING GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT
- Locate and open any picture or document you want to print on your Android device.
- Tap on the three dots button on the top right and select “PRINT“
- The file will then be loaded in the Cloud Print app. Then, use the drop-down menu from the top and choose the printer you want to print from. Tap the printer icon and your document or picture will be printed.
2. PRINTING VIA OFFICIAL PRINTER APP
You can also print using the official app of the particular printer to print a document or picture over WiFi. Firstly, you will have to download your printer company’s app or the print service plugin that enables the printer in Android’s print menu.
You need to choose your printer app below and download. In my sample above, i made use of Kyocera App;
DOWNLOAD PRINTERS APPS
- Canon: Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy OR Canon printer service
- Samsung: Samsung Mobile Print Manager or Samsung Print Service Plugin
- HP: HP Print Service Plugin
- Epson: Epson iPrint or Epson Print Enabler
Once you have installed the appropriate app for your printer, you will have to make sure that your Android device and printer are connected to the same WiFi network.
With the above methods, You can Print a document directly from your Android Phone with much stress. Do let us know if you face any issues.
Hope It Helps?