Instagram has just done good. Data saving mode has now been released and is now available for Android users while that of iOS users is on the way. To some people this is has been one of their most awaited feature and it is finally here
About Instagram Data Saving Mode
Instagram which by default preloads videos and thereby they start faster and so now if you want to reduce the amount of data consumed, you can choose not to allow Instagram preload videos over cellular connections. This gives users more control over their media.
How to Activate Data Saving Mode on Instagram
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Cellular Data Use.
- Next to Use Less Data, tap to toggle on.
Aside of that, you can also choose whether you want Instagram to show you High resolution media on your Android device.
High resolution media Settings on an Android device
To choose when Instagram will show you high resolution media, follow the instructions above, tap High Resolution Media and then tap:
- Never: Instagram will never you show you high resolution media.
- WiFi Only: Instagram will only show you high resolution media if your device is connected to WiFi.
- Cellular + WiFi: Instagram will show you high resolution media when your device is connected to either cellular data or WiFi.
This feature is targeted at countries where the network speeds and penetration is low compared to other countries.